The app should be installed just for Administrators, and then other profiles can be allowed access to the finder pages without giving access to the Management page.
If you do not have access to the Salesforce app already, please contact Customer Support.
Enter your details
If you already have an account with us you can Skip the registration step and simply enter your existing key.
If you don’t have an account with PCA Predict you can register for an account here. This will give you a key and credit to trial the app. Without a PCA Predict account you will not be able to perform any lookups. When you first install the app you will be presented with a free trial sign up window. Enter your details and click Register. This will generate the required key for you and send you an email with your account details.
Add the button to your page layouts
In order to add the functionality across all standard address forms in Salesforce you will need to add a custom button to each of the page layouts.
- Go to Setup – Customize – Leads – Page Layouts - Edit the relevant layout
- Drag and drop the Address Finder button from the Buttons tab onto the layout
- Save the changes, and repeat for Accounts and Contacts
Once you have completed these steps, go to a Lead, Account or Contact detail page, click the Address Finder button, and test that address changes are working.
You may find that some of your user profiles are unable to view the Address Finder pages. If this is the case you will need to go to Setup – Develop – Pages – Security for each of the Address Finder pages, and move all required profiles from Available Profiles to Enabled Profiles.
We support custom address fields and custom addresses with the new update. These will require a few additional setup steps. The address lookup can only be added to a Visual Force page, so you will need to either create a complete edit page in Visual Force or a smaller address lookup page, like we do with the standard objects.
If you have a custom address field you will need to tell the app which address information to populate it with. This is done by adding a new field mapping on the app Management page.
- Go to PCA Predict – Management
- Select the address you wish to add a new field to
- Select New Field
- Enter the name of the field
- Select the type of address information to populate the field with
- Save the record
You can add the less common address fields and apply formatting by using field templates. For more information on these consult our guide.
You can map a new set of address fields, or an address for a custom object, by creating a new set of address fields.
- Go to PCA Predict – Management
- Create a New Address Form
- Select the object that this address relates to from the list
- Give the address a unique name to identify it
- Save the address
- Follow the steps above to map the fields for the this address
When you create a new address form you will need to create a Visual Force page to display the address finder component. You can clone one of the existing pages in order to do this.
- Go to Setup – Develop – Pages
- Locate one of the existing finder pages, such as Account Address Finder, and click Clone
- Give the new page a name
- Modify the Visual Force code so that it references the correct object and field
- You may need to change c:AddressFinder to pca:AddressFinder
- Save the new page
- Create a new button for you object to show the new page
- Add the button to the object page layout
This process requires developer permissions, and may need to be done in your sandbox org before being deployed to your live environment.
Custom Visual Force Pages
If you have an existing Visual Force page, or want to quickly add address autocomplete to a new page, you can also make use of our included Visual Force Component. The component includes five address fields in the standard Salesforce layout, which have been configured for address autocomplete.
Remember, if you have any problems we're here to help.
Can't find what you're looking for?
0800 047 0493